Sunday, March 28, 2010

TITUS 26 March 2010

TITUS 26 March 2010

First, a run of what they have.

The beginning of what they have is interesting…

I feel like it is a little talky, and it’s a little linear for my taste, but I think there are some really beautiful moments.

I adore the whispering.






I continue to love Ashley and Zac as Demetrius and Chiron.

I think the Lavinia “talking” is really affective.








POEMS

We are having feelings about our poems. I’m delighted. That means they are real.

Dayne

Their lies are almost too much to bear.

Zac

This isn’t a cinematic escape – life is in the flesh, not in the streams of projected action. Connection. Gratification. Stripped naked, bare, barren, wasteland. You may lose faith in love, but never lose faith in hate. Oooh. Wow. Kind of an amazing poem. I kind of love it.

Ashley

I wrote this thinking we were going to go in one direction – sex is violence accepted. Walking down the steps breathing. Open your fucking heart and listen. I need him to hurt. Open your fucking eyes and look. Open your fucking ears – do you hear her screams? I wear lipstick like a target. Open your fucking mouth – want to taste their blood? My lover brings me his hand – I sleep with it. Open your fucking hands – oh – you can’t. Okay. Wow. Just wow.

Nick

I desire to feel alive. I breathe again as a new being, moving without a single thought. Interesting.

Keith

What means you this? I am Bassianus – deny me not. I am confused. Obvs. Frequent occurrence.

Ross

So, I don’t know if this means anything. Worry is a convoluted mess of wasted energy. She comes to me when her vices fail her. Nothing ever wrong – except her. The self is not sole, but we are isolated. We don’t die simply because we must, but because we need to. Because we want to. Life is the struggle to fill the void when ourselves became our bodies. Assured I have the answer to a question no one asked. I LIKE IT.

Jen

I am miles and miles of pumping blood. I am living flesh. Scented with the sweat of the generations that made me. I am avast sea, an incomprehensibly vast sea. Deep deeper. Infinitely restrained. Hidden and horrible fantasies. A cut. I am terrifyingly liberated. And it is too much for my weak body. It is too much for my weak mind. Frail and extraordinary. Wooooooooow. Amazing. Yea.

Liz

I watch from somewhere inside myself. We are so sick of playing with fire. In a world made of glass a single pebble can ruin all. You’re toying with time. It’s a vicious world, tyrant. I’ll be your pebble. I am burnt. Wow.
Apparently, we need the film Funny Games.

Chelsea

What wasn’t there to come out. I can’t feel myself breathe. Was it empty before? I have come undone, unhinged from myself. What I cut out. I’ve lost something. Wow.

ASSIGNMENT: 20 minutes to write a song – music and lyrics. It cannot fall back on the song. What is the song about? Not love. Windows?

SONGS:

Chelsea

My little precious darling dear, why would you hide from me? I’ve ripped your love from you.

Dayne

I waaaaaaant her. I neeeeeeeeeed her. I’ll have her. She will. Be mine. Her hands her hands her hands her hands. This is totally fucking creepy and awesome.

Zac

Adrfit from the life of the man I’ve become. I’ll never be free. I’m stuck here, picking through ashes of ice. I like this. A lot.

Nick

Limitless bearings and fall from his hands. Garnet skies eulogy, burning oceans cry to me. Whispering winds deaf to me. Nick’s voice in song is actually really creepy and interesting. I am kind of into it.

Ross

Boys turn to men, but they don’t grow no older.

Liz

I’m here. Oh wait, I do. I have no fear. I wait for you. For I am here, waiting only for you. Ummm. Yes. Yes. YES. I love this. Love, love, love. Take your time in finding me, for I have time to spare. YESSS.

Keith

We fight like hell to figure out the things we knew before.

Ashley

Amazing tone. I love this humming. It resonates in the whole courtyard. It’s really not that bad to die. Now the heat and sweating and the dripping will stop. Let me know the geography of your hell.

Jen

I’ll see you where the sun sets east. Don’t forget me. Consuming beast. Cut you down and tie you up and feel your disease. Yea. Yup. Okay. I like the singing. Let’s sing.

Ross’s Thyestes monologue. I’m excited. I have not seen this in a long time. Nice. I like it. It’s cool. I don’t know how it gets used…but it’s definitely cool.

Zac and Chelsea’s chair work. I don’t quite understand how this works in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment